Tuesday, September 15, 2015

REVIEW: BLACK OPAL TRUE COLOR LIQUID FOUNDATION



Hi Guys!!

Now this is one draft i have been itching to post. Black Opal as we all know is a household makeup brand specially formulated for women of color. At some point, we have all had one or two products from their line. The brand's strength to me has been put to the test many times and i felt it had lost it's spot as the leading provider of beauty products for WOC but this product might just give it the boost it needs for a good brand revival. I am talking of  the new True color liquid foundation that is all the rave right now.Before i get into my review, let me tell you what the brand says..

WHAT BLACK OPAL SAYS: Keep them guessing with picture pore less skin. This lightweight, oil-free liquid foundation seamlessly blends to provide flawless coverage with a high definition finish. Exclusive pore less technology helps minimize the appearance of enlarged pores, controls excess oil and renews skin natural radiance. Oil, fragrance and paraben-free formula. Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive.

DAZZLEBEAUTIE: Before i bought this foundation, i had tried two other foundations from the brand. The stick foundation and the liquid foundation in a glass bottle( i cant remember the name). The stick foundation was a little too heavy for me and the liquid one transferred everywhere. One thing i never complained about was the shade match though. They both matched me perfectly and when i  heard about the new True color foundation i grabbed my shade in Truly Topaz.

Quite frankly, this has to be the best drugstore foundation i have ever tried. When i think of foundation and drugstore, these two don't sit well together with me, but whenever it comes to Black Opal, i am ready to give them a try. The shade match of this is  perfect. It says light to medium coverage but this covers blemishes and dark spots like a dream. I was super impressed. I didn't even have to use a concealer with this. I only applied a little more in the places where i need some extra coverage and i was good.

Now the one thing i was scared of was the oiliness. This foundation claims to be oil-free and it does live up to its claim in that department. I forgot to take my face primer out once and i was FORCED to wear my foundation without it (don't do that guys, it's not the best). This foundation blended well with my face oil and did not make me look like a grease ball!! HALLELEUYAH!!!! :D. I did blot about three times through out the day but i was fine with that and my pores where not all over the place. The packaging is really nice and it comes with a pump so getting the product out is very easy and not messy .This foundation is a low end dupe for the MUFE with a little more coverage if you ask me. 

There are 12 shades in the range from Champagne Beige which is the lightest to Suede Mocha which is the darkest. I noticed they added three new color shades which have never been present in the other foundation ranges.The constant's have been Heavenly Honey, Truly Topaz, Nutmeg, Walnut and Carob. There is definitely something for every WOC out there. I plan on purchasing a few more shades to add to my makeup kit. I have really enjoyed wearing this foundation over the last few weeks and it has left me flawless each time. I love finding great products at pocket friendly prices.

WHERE TO BUY: MUAPRONG /BEAUTYKINK
PRICE:N3500

Thanks for Stopping by!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review and will definitely try this and my shade is also truly topaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been eyeing this, might take the plunge and get it!

    ReplyDelete